The winter rose : a novel / Melanie Dobson.
"Grace Tonquin is an American Quaker who works tirelessly in Vichy France to rescue Jewish children from the Nazis. After crossing the treacherous Pyrénées, Grace returns home to Oregon with a brother and sister whose parents were lost during the war. Though Grace and her husband love Élias and Marguerite as their own, echoes of Grace's past and trauma from the Holocaust tear the Tonquin family apart. More than fifty years after they disappear, Addie Hoult arrives at Tonquin Lake, hoping to find the Tonquin family. For Addie, the mystery is a matter of life and death for her beloved mentor Charlie, who is battling a genetic disease. Though Charlie refuses to discuss his ties to the elusive Tonquins, finding them is the only way to save his life and mend the wounds from his broken past."-- Back cover.
- ISBN: 9781496444226 (softcover)
- ISBN: 1496444221 (softcover)
- ISBN: 9781496444219 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1496444213 (hardcover)
- Physical Description: 367 pages ; 21 cm.
- Publisher: Carol Stream, IL : Tyndale House Publishers, 
- Copyright: ©2022
Includes discussion questions.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||World War, 1939-1945 > Fiction.
Women > Fiction.
Families > Fiction.
Quakers > Fiction.
Missing persons > Fiction.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Kenton County. (Show)
- 2 of 2 copies available at Kenton County Public Library.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.