Sora's seashells / Helena Ku Rhee ; illustrated by Stella Lim with Ji-Hyuk Kim.
Every summer, when Sora's Halmoni, or grandmother, visits from South Korea, the two of them take the bus to the beach to search for seashells. While Sora likes to take all of them back with her, Halmoni always leaves the prettiest shell for someone else to find and treasure. As summer turns to fall, Halmoni returns home and Sora starts kindergarten, where some of the kids tease her about her "weird" name. One day, Sora's parents receive a sad call about her grandmother, and Sora feels more lost than ever about who she is and how she fits in. But when her parents reveal the origin of her name, Sora channels a newfound pride and, inspired by Halmoni, combats her peers' hurtful comments by sharing her shells with everyone in her class - From the publisher.
- ISBN: 9781536209938 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1536209937 (hardcover)
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: Somerville, Massachusetts : Candlewick Press, 2023.
"A name is a gift to be treasured."--Back of book jacket.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Asian Americans > Fiction.
Bullying > Fiction.
Shells > Fiction.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Kenton County.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.
You are now browsing Kenton County