Matrix / Lauren Groff.
"Cast out of the royal court by Eleanor of Aquitaine, deemed too coarse and rough-hewn for marriage or courtly life, seventeen-year-old Marie de France is sent to England to be the new prioress of an impoverished abbey, its nuns on the brink of starvation and beset by disease. At first taken aback by the severity of her new life, Marie finds focus and love in collective life with her singular and mercurial sisters. In this crucible, Marie steadily supplants her desire for family, for her homeland, for the passions of her youth with something new to her: devotion to her sisters, and a conviction in her own divine visions"-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9780593459652 (large print ; paperback)
- ISBN: 0593459652
- Physical Description: 326 pages (large print) ; 24 cm.
- Edition: First large print edition.
- Publisher: New York : Random House Large Print, 
- Copyright: ©2021
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Marie, de France, active 12th century > Fiction.
Nuns > Fiction.
Faith > Fiction.
Visions > Fiction.
Abbeys > Fiction.
Large print books.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kenton County.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.