The darling dahlias and the unlucky clover [electronic resource] / Susan Wittig Albert.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9781974901364 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- ISBN: 197490136X (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Physical Description: 1 online resource (1 audio file (8hr., 38 min.)) : digital.
- Edition: Unabridged.
- Publisher: [United States] : Dreamscape Media, LLC, 2018.
- Distributor: Made available through hoopla
|Restrictions on Access Note:||
Digital content provided by hoopla.
|Participant or Performer Note:||
Read by Peggity Price.
It looks like the music has ended for Darling's favorite barbershop quartet, the Lucky Four Clovers, just days before the Dixie Regional Barbershop Competition. Another unlucky break comes when there's a serious foul-up in Darling's telephone system-and not a penny for repairs. And while liquor is legal again, moonshine isn't. Sheriff Buddy Norris needs a little luck when he goes into Briar Swamp to confront Cypress County's most notorious bootlegger-and what he finds upends his sense of justice. In the seventh book of this popular series, Susan Wittig Albert once again tells a charming story filled with richly human characters who face the Great Depression with courage and grace. She reminds us that friends offer the best of themselves to each other, that community is what holds us together, and that luck is what you make of it.
|System Details Note:||
Mode of access: World Wide Web.