Start sweating! : a kids' guide to being active / ... Read More
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kenton County.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
- ISBN: 9781937529659 (library hardcover)
- ISBN: 1937529657 (library hardcover)
- ISBN: 9781937529642 (paperback)
- ISBN: 1937529649 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 32 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: South Egremont, MA : Red Chair Press, 
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (page 30) and ... Read More
There are many ways to be active. Some ways are ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
- School Library Journal Reviews : SLJ Reviews 2014 November
Gr 2â4âThis series encourages kids to take control of their eating, exercise, germs, and hygieneâand does so with a rare and refreshing burst of humor. Attractively designed and featuring diverse children, each book includes "Try This," "Did You Know?" and "Just Joking!" sidebars that will pique students' interest. Though the text per page is sparse, it's crammed with rich information, including photo captions ("Jumping rope helps build strong bones"). None of the advice seems obvious, even when it is basic; for example, the suggestion to wear loose clothes when exercising is followed with the pointer that merino wool or polyester helps us stay cool. Playful cartoons and jokes add levity ("Q: What kind of music do rabbits like? A: Hip-hop!"). The safety information here is illuminating, such as the suggestion to keep bike helmets snug. Self-assessment quizzes at the end make this series a home run.[Page 46]. (c) Copyright 2014. Library Journals LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Media Source, Inc. No redistribution permitted.