In search of the Little Prince : the story of ... Read More
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kenton County.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
- ISBN: 9780802854353 (hbk.)
- ISBN: 0802854354 (hbk.)
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Publisher: Grand Rapids, Michigan : Eerdmans Books for Young Readers, 2014.
As a child, Antoine dreamed of flying. His dream ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Saint-Exupéry, Antoine de, 1900-1944.
Authors, French > 20th century.
Air pilots > France > Biography.
- Baker & Taylor
Recounts the life of the French author, sharing his work as a pioneer of civil aviation and life as a poet and writer.
- EerdmansFor the last seventy years, The Little Prince has captured the imaginations of readers around the world. This lyrical picture book biography tells the story of its author, Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
As a child, Antoine dreamed of flying. His dream was realized when he became a pilot, first serving France during World War I, then working as an international mail courier. As he wrote letters to his family describing the foreign countries he visited, he soon discovered that writing contained its own sense of adventure. His stories showed a childlike fascination with the world, culminating with The Little Prince, one of the best-selling books ever published.
Bimba Landmannâs biography is paired with whimsical yet profound illustrations, wonderfully capturing Saint-Exuperyâs personality. This book will give fresh insight into the life of a cherished author.