Divergent thinking : YA authors on Veronica Roth's Divergent trilogy / edited by Leah Wilson.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kenton County.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Erlanger Branch||813.6 R845zd 2014 (Text)||33126019676315||YA Nonfiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781939529923 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 1939529921 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: 243 pages : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm
- Publisher: Dallas, Texas : Smart Pop, an imprint of BenBella Books, Inc., 
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
From Factions to fire signs / Rosemary Clement-Moore -- Divergent psychology / Jennifer Lynn Barnes -- Mapping Divergent's Chicago /V. Arrow -- Choices can be made again / Maria V. Snyder and Jenna Snyder -- Ordinary acts of bravery / Elizabeth Norris -- Fear and the dauntless girl / Blythe Woolston -- They injure each other in the same way / Mary Borsellino -- Secrets and lies / Debra Driza -- Bureau versus rebels: which is worse? / Dan Krokos -- Factions: the good, the bad, and the ugly / Julia Karr -- The downfall of dauntless / Janine K. Spendlove -- Emergent / Elizabeth Wein.
"From the Factionless to the Divergent, from what makes Chicago an ideal dystopian setting to the importance of choice in shaping identity, both in Tris' world and our own, [this compilation] provides a companion fit for even the most erudite Divergent fan"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Roth, Veronica. Divergent series.
Young adult fiction, American > History and criticism.
Chicago (Ill.) > In literature.
- Baker & Taylor
"Before Divergent hits theaters in late March 2014, revisit Veronica Roth's Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant with a dozen Young Adult authors. From the Factionless to the Divergent, from what makes Chicago an ideal dystopian setting to the importanceof choice in shaping identity, both in Tris' world and our own, Divergent Thinking provides a companion fit for even the most Erudite Divergent fan. Contributor list: Elizabeth Wein Rosemary Clement-Moore Jennifer Lynn Barnes Maria V. Snyder and Jenna Snyder Debra Driza V. Arrow Julia Karr Dan Krokos Elizabeth Norris Mary Borsellino Janine K. Spendlove Blythe Woolston"--
- Perseus PublishingVeronica Roth&;s Divergent trilogy (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant) has captured the hearts and thoughts of millions of readers. In Divergent Thinking, YA authors explore even more of Tris and Tobias&; world, including:
• What Divergent&;s factions have in common with one of psychology&;s most prominent personality models
• The biology of fear: where it comes from and how Tris and the other Dauntless are able to overcome it
• Full-page maps locating all five faction headquarters and other series landmarks in today&;s Chicago, based on clues from the books
• Plus a whole lot more, from why we love identity shorthand like factions to Tris&; trouble with honesty to the importance of choice, family, and being brave
With a dozen smart, surprising, mind-expanding essays on all three books in the trilogy, Divergent Thinking provides a companion fit for even the most Erudite Divergent fan.
Maria V. Snyder and Jenna Snyder
Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Janine K. Spendlove