First mothers / written by Beverly Gherman ; illustrated by Julie Downing.
- 2 of 2 copies available at Kenton County.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Covington Branch||J 973.0992 Gher (Text)||33126021153220||JNonfiction||Available||-|
|Erlanger Branch||J 973.0992 Gher (Text)||33126017043039||JNonfiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780547223018 :
- ISBN: 0547223013 :
- Physical Description: 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Publisher: Boston, MA : Clarion Books/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2012.
"Illustrations were done in watercolor and colored pwncil."--T.p. verso.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
|Formatted Contents Note:||
The first first mother : Mary Ball Washington -- The determined mother : Susanna Boylston Adams -- The busy mother : Jane Randolph Jefferson -- The affectionate mother : Eleanor Rose Conway Madison -- The unknown mother : Elizabeth Jones Monroe -- The modern mother : Abigail Smith Adams -- The brave mother : Elizabeth Hutchinson Jackson -- The working mother : Maria Van Buren -- The beautiful mother : Elizabeth Bassett Harrison -- The dreamer mother : Mary Armistead Tyler -- The religious mother : Jane Knox Polk -- The pioneer mother : Sarah Dabney Taylor -- The struggling mother : Phoebe Millard Fillmore -- The flamboyant mother : Anna Kendrick Pierce -- The poetic mother : Elizabeth Speer Buchanan -- The strong mother : Nancy Hanks Lincoln -- The stepmother : Sarah Bush Johnston Lincoln -- The resourceful mother : Mary McDonough Johnson -- The quiet mother : Hannah Simpson Grant -- The protective mother : Sophia Birchard Hayes -- The industrious mother : Elizabeth Ballou Garfield -- The writer mother : Malvina Stone Arthur -- The sacrificing mother : Ann Neal Cleveland -- The cautious mother : Elizabth Irwin Harrison -- The practical mother : Nancy Allison McKinley -- The southern mother : Martha Bulloch Roosevelt -- The stylish mother : Louisa Torrey Taft -- The adoring mother : Jesse Woodrow Wilson -- The midwife mother : Phoebe Dickerson Harding -- The invalid mother : Victoria Moor Coolidge -- The idealistic mother : Hulda Minthorn Hoover -- The bossy mother : Sara Delano Roosevelt -- The lively mother : Martha Young Truman -- The pacifist mother : Ida Stover Eisenhower -- The savvy mother : Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy -- The striving mother : Rebekah Baines Johnson -- The baking mother : Hannah Milhouse Nixon -- The optimistic mother : Dorothy Gardner Ford -- The independent mother : Lillian Gordy Carter -- The dramatic mother : Nelle Clyde Reagan -- The competive mother : Dorothy Walker Bush -- The confident mother : Virginia Clinton Kelley -- The outspoken mother : Barbara Pierce Bush -- The adventurous mother : Stanley Ann Dunham.
Interesting facts about the lives of the mothers of 44 of the presidents of the United States.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Mothers of presidents > United States > Biography.
Presidents > United States > Biography.
- Baker & Taylor
Capsule profiles of the American presidents' mothers reveals their considerable achievements while sharing fun facts, lively anecdotes and fascinating childhood stories, from Thomas Jefferson's mother's solo management of a plantation to Abraham Lincoln's mother's stint as a wrestler. 15,000 first printing.
- Baker & Taylor
Profiles of the American presidents' mothers reveal their achievements while sharing anecdotes and childhood stories, from Thomas Jefferson's mother's solo management of a plantation to Abraham Lincoln's mother's stint as a wrestler.
- HoughtonCelebrated nonfiction author Beverly Gherman presents brief biographies of the president's mothers, full of fun facts, entertaining anecdotes, and embarrasing childhood stories!
- HoughtonDid you know that Thomas Jefferson's mother ran a plantation by herself, or that Abraham Lincoln's mother was a wrestler? James Madison's mom called him "Jemmy" and made his shirts while he went to college, and Woodrow Wilson created Mother's Day to celebrate all mothers--especially his. Join Beverly Gherman and Julie Downing in this celebration of the women behind the White House.  Gherman delightfully dishes fun facts about each mother, and Downing's lively illustrations are sure to enthrall and entertain.