Catherine's mercy : a novel / by Nicole Evelina.
"In 1824, Catherine, a Catholic spinster of 44, unexpectantly inherits millions. However, she doesn't use it to climb the social ladder or snare a husband; she uses it to fulfill a lifelong dream of building a refuge for the poor and sick of Dublin, Ireland. That an unmarried woman would dare propose such a thing is so scandalous, even her own brother calls it "Kitty's Folly." Society turns against her. The Church tries to take over. Catherine must defend her choices or lose not only her inheritance, but her reputation and life's calling." -page  of cover
- ISBN: 0827207506 (paperback)
- ISBN: 9780827207509 (paperback)
- Physical Description: viii, 280 pages ; 22 cm
- Publisher: [Danvers, MA] : Chalice Press, .
- Copyright: © 2023
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||McAuley, Catherine, 1778-1841 > Fiction.
Inheritance and succession > Fiction.
Single women > Fiction.
Dublin (Ireland) > Social life and customs > 19th century > Fiction.
Sex role > Fiction.
Poor > Fiction.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Kenton County.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.